RADS Lite is a new, entry level add-on software product for the Unisys Business Information Server (BIS, formerly MAPPER). Like RADS Professional, RADS Lite enables quick and cost-effective development and deployment of BIS business applications in a Web or GUI environment.
RADS Lite builds upon the success of our RADS family of products supporting BIS on the mainframe, UNIX and Windows platforms. RADS Lite, like other RADS products, is an Integrated Development Environment to create highly functional applications, with minimal program code. Screens and reports are created primarily by simple point & click wizards. All screen presentation, input validation, error messages, etc., are created automatically.
RADS Lite can transform your legacy BIS system by adding a new and user-friendly interface. The benefits include:
· Extending functionality while leveraging your existing investment
· Eliminating the risk and expense of building a new system from scratch
· Reducing costs by accelerating your project's time to completion
· Making your corporate knowledge available to whomever you choose, anytime, anywhere
Despite being an entry level product, RADS Lite contains all you need to create report displays, data entry screens and other application services, with very easy to use development tools. When you are ready to add advanced features like Drill Down functionality, you can easily upgrade to the RADS Professional version.
· Active Data Dictionary to catalog databases and define edit rules for input validation
· Report screens easily defined with tools to select fields, their display order, define header names, and more
· Built-in report tools to let end users perform a wide variety of ad-hoc analysis functions
· Database tools to design and reformat BIS drawers and reports
· Administration tools to save and load applications
· Comprehensive Getting Started guide